Thursday 20 August 2015

Summer Update

Guess it has to be the late 1960's or 1970's by the looks of this photo on the WRD. A CV freight is headed to White River Jct.
I have not been down in the basement much but I did get a few jobs completed this summer. One, my Rapido smoker and a MEC caboose. Peter Mumby stopped by on Sunday to download some photos and scan a few slide for a few upcoming posts he is planning. We made a trip down to the layout as he had not seen the modern fleet (modern to me...old to others) staged on the WRD. We counted up 40 pieces of rolling stock and 4 engines...more than I though I had. Don Janes has just finished the roadway to his rock crusher scene which looks great. He sent me 4 photos to pick from for this post...they are all so good I decided to post them all.

I am trying to get to the lake (boat) as much as I can the last couple of weeks of summer so you may find days in a row and weekends that I am away from a computer...I hope to get back to RRing again by the end of September...George Dutka

The crusher office if part of a two pack - Bar Mills utilities office. Don has done a nice job with his office. Additional posts regarding Bar Mills utility sheds are found Feb 26, 27 March 1, 5, 2015.
The crusher scene is looking good. Don had just finished the roadway this week.
Looking into the scene from near the main line.
The bridge to the right covers the hole in the wall to the White River Jct. scene.  Don has done a nice job with the roadway.
 
Last Tuesday's visit to Toronto took us from the St. Lawrence Market along the waterfront then up to Steam Whistle for a cold one before boarding the train for home. The brewery is in the far end of the old CPR John St. roundhouse. The grounds is now a museum of Canadian railway equipment. More on that later.




No comments:

Post a Comment