Well it is now four months since I began this blog. Currently there are 68 posts and a total of 5,000 page views set this past weekend. I think things are working out well for my blog. I am trying to post at least three times a week which includes one model feature or photo plus a prototype inspiration. I have about a month left before I begin my spring and summer season projects. In early April I am up at the lake most days working on my sailboat which goes in the beginning of May. By then I will be down to one post per week. May through September I will be posts once or twice a month. There is no wireless connections at some of the places out on the lake. I also have a daughters wedding during the summer which requires me to do as I am told. Once fall arrives I will begin regular posting once again. Additional post could happen at any time.
What is Next...
It has been fun documenting my projects. I currently am finishing off another RailroadKits model with Peter Mumby and will post this shortly. I have completed my drawing for the Polka Dot restaurant in WRJ. I also have the windows and walls on hand. I like to cover a bit of the history for that building. I am guessing this project will not be completed till fall. The Northeastern barn still has not found a good home on the layout. It was to be used by the Northfield Falls covered bridge seen above. I feel it takes away from that current scene. I plan to use the barn on a diorama till an extension is added to my layout.
|Detailed photos, plans and windows are seen waiting for construction to begin. The Polka Dot Restaurant will be a foreground structure for my White River Junction station scene.|
There is always a lot to do. I have two Central Vermont engines to work on which is taking more time to complete than anticipated. One, a brass etchings for a CV 0-8-0 will be my second attempt at etchings. My first was a HOn30 Forney many years ago. The other engine is my CV 2-8-0 that needs repainting, DCC and sound. Peter and I have a small ARR 40' boxcar fleet that saw construction beginning in January. We also are working on pre-painted Walthers CV cabooses in the maple leaf. We are each adding proper cupolas, stacks and end steps. This is a bigger project than first thought, since the trucks need to be moved, so the cabooses can actually operate. Peter is using a CNR Juneco caboose kit for details such as the steps and ends while I have cut up a CNR True Line trains model (painted up CV which is wrong for the model) for the parts I need. I picked up the caboose for a song. I hope to post these projects once completed.
Well back to my modelling while the snow is still flying....George Dutka