Tuesday 25 April 2017

Schomberg Narrow Gauge Show 2017

How would you like to build your model cars from cutouts found in card-stock booklets. That is what they did when modeling in the 1940's. The gentleman who now is in his late 80's built these models as a 12 year old. He had a really nice display of his work.
On Saturday I attended and displayed a table full of my Maine narrow gauge equipment and structures. Here are a few views from the day...George Dutka

The Mt. Albert Lumber display...good deals for the scratch-builders on off cuts...narrow gauger's are a great bunch that can turn nothing into an interesting model.


One of the three clinics was a hands on PanPastel work session.

An HO scale Mt. Albert offering.

A On30 car ferry emulating the CPR operations from out west.
O scale model on display.

This photo has nothing to do with narrow gauge. On my way home I was on 427 heading south to the 401...the next thing I know I am on another roadway heading into Pearson airport. The road ended at a stop light...while at the red light I was figuring out which way to turn a UP train passed on the elevated railway track...this is a grab shot out my side window. I guess a detour was not all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment