Saturday 19 September 2020

This and That

 

A B&M Alco peeks out of the Westboro roundhouse on the WRD.

I finally found my way down to the basement and started organizing the pile that my wife has put down there for me over the past few months. I have got through most of the requests for material I needed to scan. I am hoping to actually do some modeling next week although it is busy with 4 family birthdays including my wife's which requires attention.

On Friday I went to visit my mom at the nursing home on Highbury Ave. I took my camera and swung by the CP yard on the way. First time in over two months that I have been out with a camera and to my surprise there was nothing I found interesting to take a photo of.

This post finishes off the week with a few photos that really did not fit anywhere in the near future...enjoy...George Dutka

A Gord Taylor photo from the Peter Mumby collection of a track mobile which make a great load.

My wife saved this photo from a Facebook post that Bob Hannah noted. Thanks Bob. Battery Supply in London, Ont. during Oct. 1958, in later years became a hobby shop. I think in the 1980's or early 1990's it became Doug's Train and is currently Pete's Trains.

Kevin Smith sent me this photo of 1102 in a later paint scheme from his collection. A Paul Dunn photo. Thanks Kevin.

I took this going away shot on my way home from Don's back in April at Caradoc. For current day modelers there is a siding on the other side of the train, but on this side is a simple rail rack made from two large concrete slabs with rail joiners shimmed under the rails.

I took this photo back in March 1988. I was going through my photos looking for views of loading ramp. This one in Kitchener, Ont. is across from the station and was a bit different from most. It was all wood.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these miscellaneous images, George. That Krug building always looks good. Battery shop turned hobby shop? Lloyd Shales Hobby in Kingston was also a tiny 'hole in the wall' but larger than his original garage shop near Queen's University, apparently!

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Eric. The hobby shop is tiny. When Doug had it, it was stuffed full of neat detail parts. Pete has opened it up more so one can move around...George

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this one caught my eye :) I never saw this building before. I have a dining set which dates from 1942 that was made by H.Krug Nice to see the building where it was built

    ReplyDelete