Monday 10 July 2017

CP's Richford, Vermont

It looks like a local is arriving or departing Richford, Vermont while the local yard switcher layovers out front of the station during May 1980. I took a similar view a decade later...will have to look through my own slides...Gord Taylor photo
Once again we have a couple of views from the Gord Taylor collection courtesy of Peter Mumby. I spent a couple of hours scanning some more slides of Gord's trips to New England. Here is a look at Richford, Vermont....George Dutka

A good look at the CP station in Richford, Vermont during May 1980. Gord Taylor photo.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks George! Living in Manhattan for now, so no room for a layout, but my thoughts for the next house keep bringing me to an idea of featuring both the CV and CP (and successors) in Richford. The idea that this scene has featured some four railroads (so far) in the last thirty-five years is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geof:
      Yes Richford is an interesting place...have been there a few times over the years. Marty is covering this location on the CV...maybe he will model it at some point...George

      Delete
  2. George,
    That's a great photo. I can't wait to get that section of my layout built so I can recreate that scene right down to the RS-2 parked in front of the station. Thanks for posting.

    -Neil Schofield

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil...glad you like them...George

      Delete
    2. My Richford is in staging, so I'm looking forward to your Richford as well Neil!

      Delete