Friday 14 July 2017

N Scale Section House

My N scale section shed if finished and ready to be installed on my small N scale diorama. Peter and I need to put some more time into this project this fall.
I used a couple of free hours this summer to quickly construct this nice little Creative Laser Design section house that was featured in What's in the Box No. 24. It is a straight forward build that was glued together using canopy cement. The walls are stained using India Ink-Alcohol mix followed by some weathering. The roofing was way to thick so I substituted it with some HO scale slate roofing. I think the roof application made a big difference. The photos fill in the rest of the story...George Dutka

The basic walls are now together and awaiting a wash coating. The slate roofing is cut and will be applied once the walls are coloured and weathered. Although it is HO scale roofing  it is looks pretty good once applied to a N scale model. The roofing is North Eastern Scale Models gray slate HOSHG3.

India Ink-Alcohol mix was first applied followed by these three shades of PanPastels.

The finished model which has HO scale slate roofing seems to work well. If I was to build another one I would change out the interior flooring with something a bit thinner. I am considering a chimney stack if I find a small enough one. An N scale hand car would also be nice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised how the PanPastel over the India ink gives such a realistic flat finish on real wood. Really interesting technique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Matthieu:
      The PanPastel's make colouring over the India ink\alcohol mix easy...George

      Delete