Friday 2 April 2021

Ex-Erie Milk Cars

An ex-Erie milk car built from a Train Miniatures model. A new door is made, the roof hatches are filled in and the trucks are swapped out.

My Friend Bruce Douglas built this model of a B&M, ex-Erie milk car using a Train Miniatures model to begin. He left it in the Erie colour but with B&M markings. I don't recall seeing photos of these car other than in the Tuscan red the B&M painted. Bruce said he used a photo in a book to model this particular car. I recall him mentioning it was being used for storage. Maybe I can get Bruce to track the photo down for me. Maybe some cars not used for milk service stayed as is...any thoughts.

Anyhow Bruce gave me this model last fall to add to my fleet. I think what he did to the model is cool considering it was late 1970's early 1980's when he built the model...George Dutka 

I had built the F&C version with the proper Viking roof and ends but Bruce's model is similar in appearance.

The fleet that came over from the Erie Ry. was numbered B&M 1875-1880. 1878 was used for storage at the H P Hood Co. Charlestown, Ma.


Two ex-Erie milk cars in use on the WRD.


No comments:

Post a Comment