Friday, 28 August 2026

Bellows Falls Vermont

The Rutland Ry. had an ice house on the river on the Bellows Falls sub. just to the west of the station yard area. Interesting there is no siding. Did they load ice right into the cars off the main line?
While at the Rutland Railroad Historical Society convention this spring I sat in on a presentation following the Rutland Ry during 24 hours in Bellows Falls by Bill Schultheiss. It was really interesting and some of the photos viewed features I did not know about or overlooked in the past...George Dutka.  

In these two photos one can see there was a light hanging right over the diamond another feature I don't think any of us model but something we should consider. I never even noticed the light there till Bill pointed it out.

All photos from the Rockingham Library Historic Photo Collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment