Saturday 28 May 2022

My version of a Rutland Phone Box

Here we have a photo from a few years back in my layout room. That is my Gimli jacket that I got when I finished my locomotive training there. That is also my railroad grip that has done me well for over 30 years of service. An engineman made it for me shortly after I hired on. Bill Porter was a very good leather craftsman having made many saddles over the years. He made a lot of these bags for the guys from my era. Mine has sat there since I retired. I don't think I have looked in there since I put it down...hope none of my lunch was left in there.

The Rutland Ry style phone box I made once housed our basement home phone. Today with portable phones it has been converted to housing my CD collection another blast from the past...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment