Saturday 29 June 2024

June 2024 - This and That

At the Ancaster train show on Fathers Day I picked up this MEC Life Like - Proto caboose from Chris Wright who also models New England. He was thinning out his cabooses. I have painted the wheels acrylic cinnamon brown and flat finished the model. Some light weathering will be next.
Just some things I have been up to and saw lately that I wanted to share with you...George Dutka 

An interesting shop at the north end of Lucan has lots of memorabilia especially car related. The owner is into three rail trains and a large size layout is also found in the structure which looks like a newer larger barn. Should have taken a photo of the trains.


I cheated to get this shot of the new VIA train on display for local dignitaries. The general public was not invited. They are working on the fence at the east end of the platform and lots is missing. I snuck over and took a few views before anyone noticed me. Thursday June 27, 2024. The train took the attendees for a ride to Glencoe where they were bussed back as the train went on to Windsor.

My 3-D printed details painted up. They first got a coat of flat black. Some is powders and some have MIG paints applied.

Some of the other FOS 3-D printed details. For the tires once the flat black is dried I just use AK asphalt road dirt.


The Ambassador has pulled way down in WRJ on an unknown date. The power will be cut off once pushed back in front of the station and a CV 600 series engine will be added. Note the three milk cars on the head end. Dwight Smith photo

There is lots to look at when at Otter Valley. They have come up with some nice looking loads for their garbage cars that I really liked the looks of. These are a nice improvement over earlier offerings. I was at Otter Valley this past week which was unplanned, I was at the beach close by first. Ran into Don Janes there stocking up on trackage...he was on his way to Niagara on the Lake.

Dwight Smith photos graced the cover of the CVRHS Ambassador many times in the past. Here is a nice view during a stop in Bellows Falls, Vermont.

Two more covers that have Dwight Smith photos.

An overall view of the vintage collection shop in Lucan, Ontario. Lots to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment