Monday 9 September 2024

Frank Lane Trestle - The WRD Version

I took this photo a few years back of a CV freight going into the WRJ yard past the A frame bridge.

We saw the prototype photos that Peter Mumby took of the wooden A-frame trestle last week. I built a version of this structure back in the 1990's for my small shelf layout. It became a feature on the WRD hiding the entrance to my staging yard when I built the layout. It is still in the same location but covers the entrance to WRJ yard. There are some similar structures along the CV, not exact. I don't remember the lumber I used or how I built it. Today a similar structure can be purchased from Hunterline. Oh, by the way this is one of my favorite locations to railfan west of London. It is a short drive from my house and at least once a year some of the guys I worked with on the railroad gather here. A great view of the CN and CP can be found from here and almost no traffic...George Dutka  

My friends Terry and Andy met up with me for a morning of railfanning back in 2022. The Frank Lane bridge is a great spot.

The area around my A frame bridge is being installed many years ago.
The next few views I took with my phone the other day to show you the scene.

The prototype bridge is for double track.

A bit of a climb to get up top just like on the prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment