Monday 2 September 2024

Train Show - Elgin County Railway Museum

A Howard Zane weathered model all ready to go on the WRD.
Happy Labor Day!

Yesterday I attended the first train show of the fall season in St. Thomas at the railway museum. I was looking after selling Peter Mumby's trains that he packaged up for me. It was a pretty good show although the crowd was smaller than normal...it is the long weekend. I picked up a Howard Zane weathered boxcar from Peter's stock which really looked good. From the table next door I also got a nicely detailed and weathered N scale GM switcher for my small N scale module. I actually needed something to run on the module as it will be at the WOD-NMRA train show at the end of the month.

Looking through Peters stock I noted some hoppers that might be of interest by Don Janes. So I took some photos of the cars with my phone and texted them to Don...we went back and forth with what I thought he might like to see and I set a small group of cars aside for him that I will deliver when we meet up Tuesday. So one can always shop without attending the shows if you have friends there...George Dutka

A N scale road switcher with many extra details added. It needs a bit of dusting off before heading over to my module.

I really don't need anymore stations but this Sylvan model of the Komoka station done by my friend Gary Shurgold is really nice looking and will work on a module I am building to photograph my models. It was one of a number of building he was selling yesterday. Gary modeled Komoka in original GT colors although it would have only had those colors on it when in use as the Gobel's station. When that station closed it was moved to Komoka for use. It still can be visited in the town park now a museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment