Monday 21 October 2024

This and That - October 2024

One of Peter Mumby's older engines that was build many years ago that is for sale at local train shows. He has a good collection of engines to sell at the shows.
Just a mix of railfan and model photos that you might enjoy viewing...George Dutka  

Another one of Peter's engines...not sure why he modeled Conrail at one time.
On October 19, 2024 just east of Komoka I caught CP EB train 528, the hot shot Ethanol train. It has one unit on the head end, then a spacer-idler car the loaded tanks another spacer-idler car and a locomotive pushing.

The tail end.

Looking east toward Frank Lane the NS pusher is working pushing the train loaded with Ethanol. 

Last week I traveled to Pt Dover and then over to Burlington. I visited a few stations still standing and also a couple of hobby shops. I had not been to Dundas Valley Hobbies in a long time. Although the train selection was thin I found the largest paint display I have seen in a hobby shop. Nice to know I can get almost anything I want in paint there.

This is just over half of the paint supply in this view. There is a nice selection of brushes, glues and styrene. 

Steve was at the Woodstock train show yesterday with a good selection of Peter Mumby's engines for sale.

Peter's VIA units which were built years ago, but well detailed.

A ceramic version of the North Conway NH station was for sale at the Kitchener train show a few weeks ago.

A well worn CN 40 foot boxcar logo on the grounds of the South Simcoe Ry. Oct. 6 2024.

Looking west along the CP Lovekin siding towards Newmarket from Lakeshore Rd. 

Looking at the Lakeshore Rd bridge over the CN tracks from the CP mainline at Lovekin. This is one of a number of bridges near Newtonville that are great to railfan from.

I took a few shots of my rooftops using my cell phone. Here is my Accurail CV boxcar.

Another cell phone view of the Ertl boxcar that Peter Mumby gave me awhile back that I weathered and detailed. I vary the looks of each of these roofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment