Tuesday 8 November 2011

"RailroadKITS" Smaller Laser Kits...

"RailroadKITS" smaller kits...
While at the Peabody Fine Scale Expo I picked up two kits each for Peter Mumby and I to build over the winter. We work once a week on a model project and we are currently starting the RailroadKITS products,  Dannen Feeds  Penryn Fruit Co.
These are small, cheap and simple models to build...and they have a nice appeal to them. I took some photos of the kits to work from at Peabody seen below.

Brattleboro Jelly Company...
This past weekend while I was out at a county Christmas craft show held in a barn with my wife I came across a neat metal sign. It was hanging above the hot apple cider jug at the front door. Well I thought it was really appealing considering it had a Vermont flair and advertised a Brattleboro, Vermont company. I had to find one inside. I did come home with my sign for $5.00 which I now have hanging near my drafting board in the work room. I also took a photo of it and I am thinking of using a reduced version on the side of the Railroad Kits models Peter and I are working on. I would just color photocopy a print, reducing it to the desired size. Now I have a tenant for one of my kits that will be my twist on the original kit. I guess I better find some HO scale apple cider jugs and boxed apples. I will keep you updated as the project unfolds.




Automotive License plates...
I came across a neat site that one can view different era license plates for each state of the USA. I downloaded a few examples to use on my own models of cars and trucks. These would be reduced to the proper size, than color copied, cut and glued to my vehicles. Below are some examples of what I found or check the web site for your favorite state http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/hp.html...George Dutka


No comments:

Post a Comment