Thursday 30 November 2017

Updating a Diamond in the Rough

The roof was painted dollar store paint black followed by Bragdon soot. Some streaking is applied in Bragdon rust and gray. The stack is from a passenger car roofing detail kit. The cupola side wall are actually black with a heavy  streaking of white PanPastels.
This was another train show find that was something no one wanted. Picking it up for next to nothing made it a canvas to practice some acrylic water painting and weathering with chalks, powders and PanPastels. I think it turned out well and no I don't have a spot on the layout for it so it has moved on to another layout...George Dutka

This is how it looked when I got it home.

This transformation took less than an hour to complete. I could have spent more time finishing the joints better but I am not sure if the structure would have looked any better. A good amount of signage is applied

I used PanPastel browns over the brown plastic colouring. Some white chalks are mixed in as blotching. The windows and doors are left gray but also got some PanPastel white and light gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment