Tuesday 30 October 2018

Year 8

CP 7096 S-2 at St. Johnsbury, Vt. May 7, 1975. Bruce Nelson photo.
Tomorrow begins year 8 of the WRD blog. I have a lot to cover although posts will be thin over the next couple of weeks as Thursday I leave with Don Janes for Albany, NY for the Fine Scale Model Railroad Expo. Once back late Monday I am getting ready to head for Milwakee and Trainfest. There is a group of 13 NFR members of the NMRA traveling as a group. Out of the group 4 of us are doing clinics and all are participating at the NFR workshop table. Should be fun as we are taking in some layouts and Walthers. So if you are at Trainfest, look me up or better yet take in my clinic on drop-in dioramas...maybe I will see you there...George Dutka

Peter and I visited St. Thomas to check out Brian Smith's new basement yesterday. A layout in the works shortly. After our visit we lucked out with the OSR arriving in town. Here the days work is done and the OSR are running to the CN yard light power. They will tie up for the night on the shop track something that does not happen often.
OSR on the St. Thomas CN shop track, Oct 29 2018.
The relay box at the crossing Peter and I took some photos at in St. Thomas.
This Athearn express reefer has been boxed up and hanging around my basement for decades. I added a bit of acrylic weathering toned down with a light coat of Floquil grimy black before selling it at the Woodstock train show.
My latest boxcar supply shed made from an Athearn stock boxcar. Another offering at the Woodstock train show.

No comments:

Post a Comment