Sunday 10 March 2019

Pikestuff - Office

The finished Pikestuff office.
I purchased this small office about a year ago in a small group of structures at our local train show. It looked kind of neat although the roof had a bend in it. It was made out of bits and pieces the modeler probably had leftover from a past project. There was also some really bad and messy glue joints I thought I could clean up. I was able to clean the glue up a bit but I could not pull the roof off to straighten it out without damaging the joints with the walls. Once done I could not justify keeping it on hand for my summer contemporary operations...so it was sold last fall and hopefully found a nice layout to reside on...George Dutka.

This is how the structure looked when I got it home.
The roof and doors are brush painted acrylic sliver after the walls were spray-bombed Camo olive green.
Acrylic paints and Bragdon powders are used to emulate the rust spots on the structure.
Two stacks and a vent was added to the roof for more interest.
I added rust spots to the doors and roofing using acrylic burnt umber and burnt sienna followed by Bragdon bright rust powders.
The doors and windows are coloured with PanPastel Chrome Oxide Green Shade. The walls and roof got a coat of PanPastel Raw Umber Shade.
The windows glazing was frosted with flat finish. I used old dried out masking tape pulled off an old box as the blinds.
Some details and signs are glued to the structure for more interest.

1 comment: