Tuesday 9 July 2019

F&C Horizontal Rib Hopper Models

My two newer additions to the WRD fleet are seen waiting to be picked up off the main once the creamery is switched.
My two car fleet of F&C horizontal rib hoppers that was added to the WRD manifest this past winter...no posts for a couple of day, heading to the lake...George Dutka

This NYS&W is kit number 5051.
Ready to go to work on the WRD. The Kadee trip pin has been removed. The cars both got a bit of PanPastel weathering followed by a thin overcoat of Floquil grimy black sprayed on. Both cars load and empty got a light dusting of coarse coal dust from PanPastel.
A very nice car built by Bob Bowes.


2 comments:

  1. What kit is the NH horizontal rib hopper? And I don't think I've ever seen any information on New Haven cars of that type, do you have photos, drawings, etc. regarding that class? Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randy:
    I purchased the NH car already built. The seller had purchased it and did not do anything with it (some parts broken). He mentioned that he was told it was a F&C kit when he purchased it. I did not see it on their web site although the other model seen above is on the site. It clearly is a resin kit and an early era car. I had to do some minor repairs to it before being added to the hopper fleet. I went through my material on the NH and could not find any reference to it. If I come across the history of the car I will be posting it...cheers...George

    ReplyDelete