Friday 20 December 2019

Atlas Water Tank - Update

The finished water tank ready for a new home.
At the NFR workshop last Sunday I also worked on weathering up this Atlas water tank. I added a finial to the rooftop made from a clothing plastic tag. Some wire and chain is also added to the spout. I painted the tank before heading to the NFR workshop a flat black using a spray bomb...George Dutka

Here what you get at a train show for a dollar or two.
The tank was coloured with PanPastel darker brown. I used AK dirty white pencils and PanPastel white to streak the sides. The roof was done with PanPastel grays.
The concrete bases are painted dollar store gray. The spout is acrylic silver with some rust spots applied. Note I added a short piece of chain. The base has some ground foam applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment