Saturday 13 June 2020

A General Store at Bellows Crossing

My general store is propped up with whatever I had handy to see how it would look. The scenery really drops off towards the faceboard. It took a bit of thinking to figure things out.
Back in February I added a general store to the layout. I had planned on using this store here for a number of years (I built it 3-4 years ago) but for some reason it has just been sitting on my shelf. I though it should be in the scene for at least a visit. The scene will be changing and the store will be moved back into the scene I hope...George Dutka

My Gatorfoam base is leveled out with small scraps of Gatorfoam. I just used Walthers Goo to hold everything in place.
An overhead view of the landscape.
The Gatorfoam base is level and contoured into the scenery using plaster cloth. The road is now being altered using heavy card stock. One can see the foreground will be a very steep drop if I don't figure something out.
This scene is coming along. The road is done and ground foam is in place around structure. Since the foreground would not look that realistic if it was just grass and small stones on a really steep grade I used some leftover rock castings taken out of other scenes years ago. I glued them in place, added some plaster around them and stained the whole surface.  How the whole scene looks completed will follow in another post.

2 comments:

  1. It’s a shame it has that loading door on the side. If not, it would be cool to make a basement garage or something beneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes that would look neat for sure...George

    ReplyDelete