Friday 5 June 2020

More This and That!

Nice and clean in the CP yard London, Ontario May 16 2020.
A bit of everything I have viewed or been playing with. A June update of my layout will come next week....enjoy the showings...George Dutka


This is the WRJ station that once belonged to Marty McGuirk. Today Bill Moore is the owner of this great looking model.
Here is what Bill told Don and I. "I did a little bit of repair and a lot of weathering. I'm very pleased to have it. I'll install it permanently on the layout within a month or so."
May 26, 2020, CP yard London Ont. This information is from Don McQueen regarding the photo. "The current/recent NSC LO order has this replica of CPR's 1881 badge which was then in use. Earlier batches have the current red 'CP' motif. NSC seems to be currently exclusively shipping via CP - making Quebec St a place to keep an eye on."
On the WRD Bellows Crossing will be changed. The mill in the background is now gone and the diamond corssing will shortly follow during my redo. The general store in the foreground was added early this winter but will be moved deeper into the scene.
CV 8027 was once stationed at WRJ. I have built a model of it in it's original paint scheme. The engine was stationed at Durand, Michigan during Feb 1969.
Don asked me what colours of AK paints I have been using. I mentioned that I have also been using Vallejo colours. One of my favourites is rust texture which Jim Sloan put me onto. The oil stains is great for oil puddles on roads and on engine walks were oil leaks out of the car body.
These AK colours are lined in the order I use the most from left to right. Slimy grime dark is by far my favourite weathering go-to.
B&M 1102 just finished has new painted and decals. Don and I used one of these Atlas models at an operating sessions while at Trainfest last November. I liked it so much I purchase one while at the show.


Yesterday I was out railfanning since the sun was out but it turned out the CN main line was shut down for the day for bridge work near Paris West. The train that went through was the only VIA EB, \No. 72.
I was perched on the overhead bridge at Woodstock for the arrival of VIA EB 72. This photo is looking east towards the station. Note the main line in contrast to the yard which sees little to no use these days.
VIA 72 arriving Woodstock yesterday June 4 2020. This train operates with engines on both ends. Purina mills are seen in the background. There actually was some passengers boarding at the station this day.
At Paris Jct. the Bridge and Building department has a trailer set up...thinking the bridge job is bigger than a one day job. Kind of a neat thing to model.







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why are you pulling the diamond crossing?

      Hi Ben:
      I always seem to have electrical problems with the diamond so I have come up with a new track arrangement using two switches which actually will make switching there better for both lines and access to all the trackage by any train....George

      Delete