Sunday 4 July 2021

New England Railroading Updates

Worcester, Mass. Sept 11, 2016

The July issue of Railpace arrived this week with some interesting facts about what is going on in New England these days. I have not actually been up through Vermont, NH or Mass. in a number of years railfanning. I have although been to the Springfield winter train show two years ago but left little time for railfanning my favorite area.

It appears the New Haven, Vt. station maybe saved and moved if a grant is secured. The station would be moved to near the town offices.

CN is now only running #324 from Montreal to St Albans, Vt. three days a week Southbound trains operate Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. With this traffic downgrade I wonder what the future of the line will be.

Vermont Rail Systems is not interchanging with CP at Newport, Vt. anymore. They have moved traffic interchange to Whitehall, NY. I am wondering about the CP lines future to Newport.

Don and I visited the Worcester Union Station back in 2016. It looks really good and worth a visit. I had not realized that it was renovated and reopened in 2000 at a cost of $32 million as mentioned in Railpace...George Dutka



2 comments:

  1. I'm curious where you heard that CP no longer interchanges with VRS in Newport. At least in documents VRS has submitted to the STB over the CSX-Pan Am merger, VRS still says it interchanges there, whatever the reality may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John it was in the current railpace magazine...George

    ReplyDelete