Tuesday 27 June 2023

AK Weathering Tones

The old jar is on the left while a new jar just purchased is on the right. I planned on just pouring the leftover of the old jar into the new one till I noted the difference.
I recently purchased a second jar of AK rust streaks. I found the new jar had a lighter brownish rust tone that the original. I don't know why, could it be the color changes with age. The original jar is a couple of years old.

I like changing up my wheel sets car to car. Recently I did a couple of cars using AK rust streaks and steaking grime. The AK paint covered pretty well with only one coat applied. I did touch them with a bit of Bragdon soot (blackish tone)...George Dutka 

Rapido wheels painted two different tones. AK rust steaks (new jar) is the wheel on the left while AK steaking grime is on the right. I like the steaking grime more on the wheels. I don't do all my wheels the same each car has a bit of a different look.


No comments:

Post a Comment