Thursday 29 June 2023

Update - June 2023

Bob Fallowfield Facebook photo.
While reading Bob Fallowfield's Facebook page I found out that Tiny Railroads that was in Delhi and was going to move to Hamilton is now open in St. Catharine's. Not sure of the details but the location appears to be 61 Geneva St Unit 2 Saint Catharines Ontario. Hours are Wed and Thurs.10-5 Friday 12-8 Sat. 10-4 Sunday 10-3. 

Harrison Smith reports that the Adirondack has been canceled once again after a short time back in service. It is due to slow track on the CN. Harrison also had a nice article published in the June 2023 issue of Railpace on the Adirondack. Nice work Harrison. Check out his blog with the link on the sidebar "North Country Trains" 

Next week I hope to have a few posts that fill you in on how my book came to be. There was a lot of photos and material that just did not fit in...I will post a few of the unused photos. Some last minute changes also happened days before going to print. So check in next week for more info...George Dutka

Smoke day around London on June 27, 2023. I decided to see if smoky shots look any better than plain old fog and muddy rainy days. I did not find anything different about the day other than it was stinky. This is CN 147 WB at the Komoka hot box detector. 

Two shades of wood. The tru-color paint I just picked up and tried. Not sure if I like it as wood tone. On any material other than real wood I like using Model Master wood. It works good on floors inside boxcars as a base coat prior to powders and PanPastels. I will have to try the tru-color inside a boxcar...this paint is noted as a brushable product.

 
Brian Smith caught GIO switching tank cars at New Sarum which is just east of St Thomas on Tuesday June 27 2023. So it appears that they run on more days than just Fridays. It would have been a sunny day but with heavy smoke in our area it looks foggy out.

An Intermountain milk car kit I got off Don Janes a number of years ago. It does not come with decals. I was not sure how I was going to use it or if I would...I have lots of kits to build on my list before this one. As it turned out it is at the top of the list now. Building a creamery complex I decided this one will be just mounted on ties as a liquid storage site. No need for a lot of details on it or lettering as it is a retired milk car having a second life. I recall seeing one used like this in Richmond, Vermont along the CV.

On a trip to Stratford on May 18 2023 I stopped by the GEXR-CN yard where a spreader was resting. Note the yellow end on an all black ex-CN piece of equipment.

A look at the other side and front end. It is well used with lots of missing paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment