Saturday 21 October 2023

October - This and That

tru-color paints has sprayable colors for 3D printed objects in the current NMRA magazine. Not sure if it is in a spray can or bottle. I have used their spray cans which work great.
I bit of a mix for this month...George Dutka    

Brian Smith found this easy to emulate lettering of CN 2755 in Edmundston NB CN yard on October 18 2023. It was on a potash train. Brian now lives in New Brunswick near the Maine border during the warm weather...then down in Florida.

I worked on weathering this model back last winter. More on this in an additional post.

Bruce Douglas passed along this view of the Kitchener local power last week. It appears one of the BNSF engines assigned to the CN is working in town.

An overhead look at the CPR operations in Goderich, Ont. during 1938. From Bruce Douglas.

This week's Wordless Wednesday was of this same wooden caboose. This once was on a post in my Father in laws backyard. Now that he has passed and the house was sold my daughter took it for her yard. I have it at home for a facelift. Auto primer black on the steel rod, roof and undercoating. I taped up the windows which are also black prior to using some red paint from our garden shed's door. I also have a black CN noodle that was from the father in law's workshop. Not far from being finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment