Saturday 2 March 2024

Weathering Tracks and Ties

I hand laid the ties on this abandoned bit of trackage for the mill. The ties are scored with a hobby knife then stained with Hunterline weathering mix. I added some rust were the tie plates once were in place and a few spike holes. The tie plates seen scattered around are from Monster Model Works. Static grass, a bit of dirt and Highball cinders are used as ballast and scenery.
I built this small diorama for Brian Smith using his mill building. I completed it for him a number of years ago. I was going through my photos the other day and found some close up views of the trackage...George Dutka 

A second look at the abandoned trackage at the base of the mill. A neat little scene to be added to Brian's layout at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment