Tuesday, 28 July 2026

A NEB&W Boxcar

The NEB&W was a fixture in the hobby for decades. In the modeling world the NEB&W definitely "ran" to the Canadian border and perhaps to Montreal as the D&H did. So a model of this car might work for many modelers that want something different on the layout. 
I came across a post on Facebook this past weekend from James C Jensen. He has modeled a New England, Berkshire & Western boxcar from a C&BT Shops kit. He replaced the grab irons, ladders and stirrups on his model. For weathering James used a photo of a similar looking D&H boxcar from the 1980's as a guide. He has done a wonderful job with the model. I have some NEB&W decals and I feel there is a finished model put away somewhere here that was produced at one time similar if not identical to this model...George Dutka



No comments:

Post a Comment