Saturday 19 October 2013

What's in the Box No. 3


Full Steam Ahead...the Gas Station...HO Scale

I recently purchased a small gas station kit from Full Steam Ahead. I have not build a service station yet and was also interested in trying one of Joe Rutter's kits. Full Steam Ahead is located in Owen Sound, Ont. about 3 hours north of my home. The model is from an earlier era than I model but I do recall seeing a similar structure in Vermont back some years ago. These kind of structures seem to hang around a long time in New England. I thought this structure might be interesting to add to the White River Division, if not it fits the era well for my narrow gauge modelling.

My kit arrived less than a week after ordering it on-line. Included are a group of well detailed colour instruction sheets, a ton of nice signs, good looking castings and laser cut wood walls, doors and windows. The gas station comes with a bonus building a garage all for just under $35. The footprint is nice and small....gas station dimensions are  5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″ and the garage measures 2 3/4″ x 2 1/2″. Joe indicated the kit is based on a photo of a real gas station....link to the site is below....George Dutka

FullSteamAhead

Everything included in this little box is seen here.
The laser cut windows, doors and glazing. The kit includes some nice metal casting as seen in this photo.
The kit comes with a nice selection of signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment