Sunday 6 October 2013

White River Division's - Glory Days

This is how I would have envisioned Glory Days if it was held on the White River Division in later years.

  White River Jct. Glory Days
on the
White River Division

Each September White River Jct. Vermont hosts a festival called Glory Days. 2013 was the 21st year. It is a mix of food, fun for kids, music and railway displays. An operating passenger train is also included giving one rides north out of town. Well when Peter and I were in the process of shooting a contemporary display of engines on the White River Division I decided to hold my own Glory Days as would have been seen 30-40 years ago on my line...George Dutka

A pair of Guilford engines are posed for the local railfan...Oh I think that is me.
To the far right the Central Vermont shows off a nice clean looking S-4.  No. 8081 is a factory painted Atlas offering that I added numerous details to. A BAR geep is seen tucked in behind the WRJ station. Looking a little out of place it is actually in town on loan and adds to the colorful display.
These two Maine Central U25B`s are seen in two different paint schemes. They sure look good out front of the station. On the prototype these MEC engines did on occasion call on White River Junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment