Saturday 25 April 2015

Snapshot - April 2015

The Montrealer #60 just north of Montpelier Jct., Vermont May 15, 1994.
I scanned some slides I took of the Montealer for the Ambassador recently. This view I thought I would share with you. I don't recall all the details of this chase but I do know I tried to stay ahead of the train as best I could stopping at stations along the line. Checking my old slides I did get a shot at Montpelier Jct. leaving well before the train. I was off to Waterbury hoping to beat the train there. I would then head straight to St. Albans station for another shot and then off to the Alburg trestle. As I got on the freeway at Montpelier I noted the train coming up behind me. At one point the tracks are close to the freeway. Since my camera was on my lap and I was traveling alone, I just aimed my camera at the mirror and snapped a shot. I would never know how the slide turned out till it got processed once my trip was over. To my surprise it looked a lot better than I thought it would. Could not find a view from Waterbury...guess the train won that race...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment