Monday 27 July 2015

Snapshot - July 2015


Looking east from the cab of CN 8800 on Nov. 9, 2009. This engine at that time already had 214,700 miles.
A Sarnia Sunrise
Just before I retired from the CNR my regular run was #386-387 London, Ont. to East Detroit, Mi.. The runs are mostly night work with arrivals in Sarina, Ont. about sunrise in both directions. We railroaders actually see more sunrises than sunsets. I decided to take my camera along to capture a few of the neat sunrise I had been seeing over the last few weeks. On this occasion it was my fourth last run. I took this photo balancing my camera on the top of the engineman's seat. The train is at the east end of Sarnia yard looking east...George Dutka

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that, Brother. The current job I'm on works overnight so I get to see a lot of nice sunrises coming up over the Delaware River in Wilmington, DE. There's a little connection to Canada with my current job: we shift the IKO plant in Edgemoor, DE & they get those mineral pellets from Ontario to be processed into asphalt shingling. Don't even get me started on running on the lines up & down rivers during Fall. What an awesome display of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Joe...sunrise over water is the best...George

    ReplyDelete