Saturday 15 June 2019

A Before and After - Section House

The finished section house which includes a caboose stack from my parts box and a lot of details included.
Back in May I spent an afternoon trying a new roofing method which I think turned out well for my first attempt...George Dutka

It appears the modeler glued two small structures together to make a larger looking section house. I thought it looked like something I could enhance, and for only a dollar...my favourite price.
The roofing was done using construction paper spray bombed gray and cut into strips. The edges are cut and feathered to look worn. Some patches are added from the overhang pieces that were trimmed off. Note by using two structures the walls are two type of boarding.
I decided to also weather the interior blinds. The walls got a coat of Home Hardware camo coat olive green followed by a coat of PanPastel raw umber shade. The window trim has PanPastel white applied with a micro brush. Doors and windows are coloured Bragdon antique iron.
I added a good amount of signs to all sides. The open door really gives me a good opportunity to add more interest through details.

No comments:

Post a Comment