Saturday 11 January 2020

AHM Station - Update

This time I turned the AHM station into one that might have been seen on the GT New England line.
At the Woodstock train show on the weekend I picked up another AHM station from my friend's Wilf table. I only purchased a few things this show and through I should put the effort and do what I had planned for them instead of storing them away. I actually got all but one project completed this week.

This station does kind of reflects the looks of the GT stations (an exact match would have to be scratch-built) so that was the route I went with this build...George Dutka

The three items from Woodstock are a small structure, covered hopper kit and the AHM station.
Station is painted primer red then PanPastel brown is used on the walls and a cream coloured chalk on the trim.
The roof is painted Walmart flat black spray bomb then PanPastel dark grays are applied. The platform is painted acrylic rainy day gray. Details on the platform is a mix of Juneco, Tichy and paper signs and newspapers. Two BEST pigeons are added to the roof.
The finished station set into my White River Division scene.
The station signs are photocopied from actual GT station signs. I added a Simpsons crate to the platform, an Aberdeen Models item. Guess a train from Canada dropped off a shipment order recently.
Some billboard advertisement are pasted on the back wall. Some GT signs are added to the front and rear of the station. A Western Union sign is added to the same location many were found on GT stations - just under the eves.

2 comments:

  1. Great work, as always !
    Just curious; do you use a dull coat spray after "painting" with the Pan Pastels, or is it really not an issue ?
    Thanks,
    KLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin:
    No I do not seal it as the flat finish takes away a lot of the effect. If a finger print shows up just pull out a brush and draw it over the effected area...George

    ReplyDelete