Saturday 18 January 2020

ALLSTAR TV & Radio - Rebuild

I went through all me signs and came up with a nice group of TV signs. The TV signs are actually from a Walther catalog. The catalog includes a sheet of signs in each catalog.
I picked up this tiny building at the Woodstock train show a few weeks ago. As it turned out it became a quick rebuild of a small structure...more in the captions...George Dutka

As it looked when I got home...the lines of building are nice but the details suck.
I pulled the doors and base off. The windows are poorly applied but there was no chance of removing them without damaging the walls.
Starting off I spray-bombed the structure with primer brown once I added the new doors.
PanPastels in brown and green are used. A brass piece of ladder is used and a piece of paper corrugation is used as an awning. Some new vents are added.
Wire is used as a rear wall downspout. BEST pigeons, wire and wood are added to the junk pile on the roof. Some posters and signs are added to the walls. There was a large ground foam vine on the rear wall. I just added some new ground foam.
The roof was brush painted dollar store black prior to detailing. Bragdon soot was then applied.
This structure would look a lot better with a TV antenna on the roof. FOS used to offer one but I could not find it on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment