Sunday 12 January 2020

Greene's Feed & Seed

One of my recent updates was to this mill posed on the WRD.
Greene's Feed & Seeds is a mill I purchased last year at the Kitchener train show in a box full of structures. At first I thought it was a plastic kit but it appears to be a kitbash of a kit and sides plus Tichy or Grandt Line windows and doors. The modeler did a nice job...now for me to bring it to life...George Dutka

As it looked out of the box. Not a great job painting or weathering.
The whole structure got a coat of Camo paint dark brown from Home Hardware. These are the powders, paints and stains I applied to get it look like seen below.
The structure is done. Some Juneco details, Tichy barrel, a figure and signs from my binder brings life to the mill. BEST pigeons are on the rooftop.
I set it on my layout for some photo ops...it looked really good here but I have a BEST mill to build that will call this location home. My friend Brian Smith now owns the mill.
The metal roofing is really weathered up. Some windows are PanPastel green while light gray is applied to the end ones.
The back side got some movie posters and mill signs.

I staged the mill on the WRD where there is no real estate. It could  have worked as an add-on at this location.

3 comments:

  1. This looks something like a mill in Gardner, MA that appears in Guilford videos from the 1980s, but I don't think is visible any longer on Google Earth. Given h0w common chicken and dairy farming is in New England, this is a very credible industry for the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice transformation. Enjoy your updates. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Wayne, thanks have a lot more to cover this year...George

    ReplyDelete