Monday 18 January 2021

Athearn New Geep's

As delivered my new CV Geep is already in service even before some paint and details are changed or added.

Last week I received my latest addition to the WRD fleet, CV 4551. The Athearn engine looks good right out of the box but there are more details I think that should have been included that I will add. Some of the paint is also the wrong colouring, nothing major just something Athearn should have check...more on that later. Here are some shots of the engine as it looks just delivered to the WRD. Oh by the way Don Janes has already done most of the updates to his engine and maybe we can get him to share his work....George Dutka 

One thing I don't like with new Athearn models are the couplers which will be the first thing changed out.



1 comment: