Friday 22 January 2021

New England Long Barn

My two long barns, one in HO and N scale.

I built the Creative Laser Design long barn about 10 years ago to become a scenic divider that never came to be. Since then I purchased the N scale version from Gary Pembleton at a train show. This last week I built the model which one sees above. The HO scale model needed a bit of work also I never really finished the weathering to the roof and the roof sections had come loose and warped. A bit of glue and clamping and all is well...George Dutka

The main rust steaks are applied using AK dark rust pigment. I did some highlights with AK crusted rust and rust texture by Vallejo.



The roof is rusted up but just lightly.


2 comments:

  1. I've built the N scale version as well, and have to say I was a bit disappointed. It seemed clunky and not as finely detailed as the HO and not up to par with their other kits, which I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your right the kit has some out of scale lumber. I guess this basic kit lower price reflex that. I will cover how my went together and what one can change to make it better...George

    ReplyDelete