Friday 19 June 2015

Polka Dot Diner - White River Jct.

Polka Dot restaurant as it looked in White River Jct. during the 1950's.
 I had scratch-built this structure a couple of winters ago. I have not posted about it yet as I still need to add the proper front restaurant sign. It once had raised red lettering above the door the length of the structure. I finally found a sheeting of lettering that will work. Now I can finish this model as it was in the 1950's. I currently only applied a white sheet with a couple of Coke signs applied at each end and my sidewall sign applied over the door. This will be removed shortly...here is a view of how it has been used to date...George Dutka

3 comments:

  1. I understand that you have posted somewhere detailed directions on how you make the diner. When I visited WRJ this building immediately caught my eye. If you have published any other directions, please let me know where. I had a reference to September 2013 MRH but I cannot find it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim forgot to mention that the last time I was in WRJ the diner was closed. It was one of my favorite place for breakfast. I noted it also was a spot the Montrealer crews went for coffee during station stops...George

      Delete
  2. Hi Jim:
    I have not covered the diner much on my blog and I never did anything for MRH. I did send an article in to RMC about how I built the diner which has yet to be published. I am assuming it will be coming up at some point as it has been a few years since it was sent in...maybe check with RMC...will post some more photos of my diner shortly...George

    ReplyDelete