Thursday 3 August 2017

Buffalo Creek 40' Boxcar

Rolling along the WRD Buffalo Creek boxcar is seen with the door open partly unloaded...think someone did not check their lift journal.
One of the uncompleted boxcar I purchased last winter is this Buffalo Creek boxcar. It had a nice metal etched roof walk and wire stirrups already applied. Kadee's #5's are applied which I will leave although most of my added rolling stock now have true scale #58's. When you are out of stock you go with what you have.

I removed the molded on grabs adding Tichy wire grabs. I did not have any cut levers left so for this project I did a simple bending job. A bleed rod is bent and added underneath. A placard is added to the tack board reading "do not hump". Since I had an extra set of hose bags handy they are applied. This detail I don't normally add as they seem to get knocked off.

The interior flooring is painted Model Master #4673 which is a wood colour. Some powders is applied to the flooring before gluing some Juneco flour sacks and wood bits. The whole car got some PanPastels weathering followed by a light overspray of Floquil boxcar red...George Dutka

I modeled this car with one open door adding some pieces of wood and Juneco flour sacks for additional interest. I would have added a skid but was out of stock,,,this may come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment