Tuesday 30 January 2018

Springfield Show - 50th Anniversary


At the 1/87th display Honest Clare's is referring to Clare of Sylvan Scale Models. This display is built by Bill Badger.
Now that Springfield is over for another year it is time to reflect on the weekend. I only get to the show every few years...I believe it has been about 4 years since I last attended. I think the attendance was up from my last visit as many of the tables were hard to get at and lineups to purchase sometime took patience. I really enjoyed looking at all the layouts on display. I don't recall seeing this many in the past. A two foot steam engine which was steaming out front was right down my alley as I also model narrow gauge in On30". I did not find out till it was too late, the show also had three "make and take" clinics going on each day. This might have been a good place to rest my tired body. All and all it turned out to be a fun day. One thing though, I found me legs and back are not what they used to be and there was nowhere near enough benches to rest. I used the Bar Mills clinic booth  as a location I returned to on a regular basis to have a seat. I will show you what I found interesting in following posts...George Dutka

Live steam at the entrance. Boothbay Railway Village steam engine #11 usually kept at Edaville entertained steam fans.

Some of the dealers were packed with customers all day long. Here is a view of Scenic Express.

The Free-mo group advertised on the radio that they were running 11 scale miles of trackage. It was noted it took an hour to run from end to end and back. This display is made up of about 100 modules and takes about 18 hours to setup.

As one can see the Free-mo group layout stretched the length of the building. I took this photo from about the middle of the display.

Mt. Washington Clog Ry.

Wall art.

One could purchase some graffiti cars which are prototypical correct. Or if you had a car with you one could have it weathered or graffiti for $25.

Hossac Tunnel diorama at the museum's display

No comments:

Post a Comment