Monday 23 September 2019

NER Convention - A Second Look

A scratch built engine by Tom Oxnard in the contest room.
It was a short trip to the NER convention. I took in all day Friday and just half on Saturday before heading home...I wanted to be in London before dark and it is a good 5-6 hours. I attended the Roomettes hands on clinic, two clinics by Lou Sassi , RMC editor Otto's presentation and Gatorfoam Dave's updated clinic. The last one I attended was on PanPastels which I had to leave half way through to head for home. Was nice to see how others evaluate PanPastels. I did not get any railfanning in or layouts although there was a lot to see...more to cover through the week...George Dutka

Tom's write-up for his great looking engine.
F&C was in attendance. They also ran a hands-on clinic which was full well before the beginning of the convention. Steve offered me the new Deleware Lackawanna &Western 1924 ARA kit at the convention discounted hands-on clinic fee...foolishly I have another kit to build...who knows when.
A diorama in the contest room awaiting judging.
Otto had a great clinic on the history of RMC and also the changing scene of the hobby...not to mention he was plugging what he is looking for in article form.
Gatorfoam's dislpay cases are all formed from their products. Roomettes was setup right across from Dave, I will cover it and Bar Mills in separate posts. I sat in on the Roomettes clinic, the Bar Mills clinic was sold out.
First time I have seen a Micro-Mark booth as a vendor at an event I attended...hope to see them more in the future. If one put in an order at the show on Friday it would be ready for pickup on Saturday without shipping charges.
Cheryl and Lou Sassi explained scenery along the right of way with Cheryl explaining her methods of making trees, weeds and grass.
One of Cheryl's HO scale trees on display.
Checking out the tree.
Lou Sassi was one of the feature clinics on Friday evening. Lou did a great job explaining his converted trucks and cars. Don't worry if you missed this one as they are all going to be articles in MR. He also took us through some of the conversions he has made to his rolling stock. A great feature for On30" modelers. This clinic ran an hour and a half.
The last clinic I attended was on PanPastels and one of the better attended clinics I was at. Check out PanPastels in the October 2019 RMC issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment