Thursday 24 January 2013

Vergennes, Vt. Section House

The old Rutland Ry. section house as it looked back on Sept. 7, 1991. I spent my fall trip to New England that year fallowing the old Rutland Ry.

The last days for a
Rutland Ry. Section House

During the spring of 2012 I stopped in at Vergennes, Vermont to take a look at what still remained of the Rutland Ry. My last visit here was the fall of 2002 or a decade ago. One structure that I found beyond repair was the Rutland Ry. section house as seen in this weeks Wordless Wednesday. I thought that photo might inspire someone to model such a ram shackled scene. I have included a few shots from the structures better days and a couple more from last spring...George Dutka



This is how the section house looked in the fall of 2002. There appears to have been a lot of ballast dumped against the section house causing future problems with the structure. Note the ribbon rail also in the photo.





The weather has lifted the green paint off leaving the under colour in view on the main sliding door. Note the golden yellow that was once used by the Rutland Ry in the early years.



Another view from the Spring of 2012. Kind of neat structure scene...maybe one could copy this into a scale model.


No comments:

Post a Comment