Tuesday 2 April 2019

Roomettes

A very inspirational display by Barry Silverthorn of his new venture.
I found a newer product at Sunday's Woodstock train show. The product called Roomettes is a easy to assemble card stock structure interior designed to fit in many of the DPM and Woodland Scenic buildings. The interiors have floors and ceilings and also lighting supplied by the Woodland Scenic system. I thought it was a very good option for detailing a building near the layouts edge. I did purchase the door and window coverups which is a laser cut paper sheeting which resembles plywood...link below...George Dutka

 Roomettes
 
The interior is a box which is folded and glued into position. The lighting is what makes this scene pop. When I got home I thought I should have picked up this firehall interior as I do have two firehalls. I could probably cut and paste the interior to fit my models, really enhancing the looks of the structures.

The bookworm might have been my favourite with three floors of detailing.
A closer look at the second and third floor.
I picked up two packages of the door and window coverups. Each package was a dollar, a very affordable product.
A closeup look.


Roomettes 


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of these before your post, and it looks like a very good idea! I went to the website https://roometteslighting.com/ but wished it gave a clearer idea of which Woodland Scenics buildings are identified, as well as dimensions of the interiors in case I might want to try fitting in a different building. Perhaps you could pass this on! I will look around my layout to see if there are candidate buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John:
    I had the same thoughts as I do have DPM buildings. I am thinking they can be cut up to fit almost any structure. The dioramas did spin to show the rear rooms that also have roomettes...any of the rooms found on most structures would work for upper floor rooms...George

    ReplyDelete