Sunday 7 April 2019

Scene Scapes - Pull-Apart Static Grass

A newer product out for scenery work. I was kind of excited about this product when announced but it was a bit of a let-down when I worked with it.
I recently purchased a package of pull-apart static grass by Bachmann. It is 2mm and in a colour that would work for a fall scene. There is a lot in the package compared to a similar product purchased from Scenic Express. Truth be told I don't like it...at least for what I had intended on using it for. I was looking for something to tie in the base of structures with the scenery around it. I found when I tried pulling it apart (into smaller bits) the fibers that holds it together was hard to separate, and when apart it all needed a hair cut. It might work great for larger areas that need covering but for my small areas being reworked I think I will stick with Scenic Express products...George Dutka

No comments:

Post a Comment