Saturday 20 April 2019

Modeling a CV 36' Boxcar

F&C CV 36' boxcar kit in use on the WRD.
I thought I would share with you some views and updates made to my F&C  Central Vermont 36' boxcar kit. As one can see from the photo below I have a second boxcar for the fleet at some point. This car has been in storage for decades and might be closer to the top of my build list now. As most of my fleet the Kadee couplers have the trip pin clipped, and a nice light coat of PanPastel powders applied. I felt it needed a light coat of Floquil boxcar red applied as an over-spray to blend the finishes...George Dutka

The completed kit along with another that needs to begin. The F&C kit comes with decals.
The PanPastels are applied and the model still needs a light over-spray of Foquil boxcar red.
The finished model.
Looks like my newest addition is heading to WRJ in a CV work train.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the first photo of this car on your "Wordless Wednesday", which left me curious. It was far enough from the camera and lit so I couldn't tell whether the ladder grabs were cast on or not, and looking at an Accurail 36 foot car on my workbench, I coulda sworn the body details were the same -- note the brace on top of the door! So you did a wonderful job on the F&C, but many could well find a quicker solution with an undecorated fishbelly Accurail -- provided Accurail ever does one, or someone can identify good decals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John:
    I have two Accurail models in my stockpile to convert also...thanks for your comments...CDS has dry transfers I think that might work although they are for another CV car...George

    ReplyDelete