Thursday 18 April 2019

New Haven Hopper Models

A new addition to the WRD fleet...more New Haven.
Here we have a few views of some additions to the WRD fleet. The cars were built by Bob Bowes but are a bit worse for wear. Couplers and stirrups are found missing on each of these cars. Once glued back together some additional weathering and off to work they go. In total I think I purchased about 25 pieces of Bob's rolling stock, many of them for New England railroads. They are very nice and I will cover more as time goes on...George Dutka

My two NH hoppers in service.
I thought I was finished with this model as I have added the missing coupler and two stirrups. If you look at the right side of the car another stirrup is missing...so back to the work bench...Gary there is one of my misses. I added some rust to this car using acrylic Americana raw umber rust followed by Anita's rust red. Bragdon rust powders is added with a bit of PanPastel dark gray. I airbrushed a light coat of Floquil grimy black to tie it all together.
Another Tichy hopper well built by Bob Bowes. Once again I do my own upgrades to follow the rest of the WRD fleet. This car got two new stirrups, Kadee couple pins clipped, one new coupler, PanPastel dark gray brushed on lightly followed by an airbrush application of Floquil grimy black...light overcoat. The interior has a bit of PanPastel coarse coal applied to the empty bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment