Friday 1 June 2012

GATORFOAM

Two pieces of GATORFOAM are cut and ready to become bases for my structures.
  GATORFOAM
 a nice base for displaying models
 Re-post from April 2012
Last fall at the Peabody, Mass. Fine Scale MR Expo I received a small sample of GATORFOAM Gatorfoam. This was a product I had not seen in my area hobby shops. I was actually looking for something better then the plywood or homasote squares I was using to build displays. I had looked into foam sheets at one point. I used my sample and it works great. I have found Hobby-Worx of Whitby, Ont. who are at many of the South Western Ontario RR flea markets, carries the 3/16" sheets in 12" by 18" size. I also found 1/2" sheets are available in my area at Credit Valley Railway Hobby Shop. Of course you can order it on line, or watch for the GATORFOAM booth at Springfield Train Show each January. GATORFOAM will be at the 2012 Fine Scale MR Expo this year.

This is a great product as is does not warp and accepts paint and glue with no problems...from now on all my dioramas will be seen on this neat base material...George

This scene is built on the 3/16" GATORFOAM sheeting.


GATORFOAM was used for my barn scene. Once the base was painted, ground foam was added then additional glue with no problems.

I have used GATORFOAM to build the base and the end wall for my portal diorama. I used cardboard for the sides. All was glued together using Walthers GOO with no problems. This is as far as I currently am with this project...will post when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment