Sunday 18 May 2014

Getting started - R J Elwell General Store

The wall sections are going together well and I will soon be able to use the model to layout it's new site location on the White River Division.
I began working on the basic construction of the BEST R. J. Elwell general store. I don't plan on getting to far on it till next fall when I begin modeling once again, but I wanted to see if it would fit at the location I planned to use it...so I had to put together the basic walls. The building has a double wall construction which makes the structure very sturdy without bracing. This structure's wall went together extremely well. I did struggle with the frt. house as it did not seem to line up correctly. I was really happy to see there are no problems with this one...George Dutka 

I have glued the double walls together using canopy cement. I then added a bit of weight to make sure the two bond together.
An overhead view of the wall sections glued together and squared up.

2 comments:

  1. George, what are the overall dimensions of the building? (I'm too lazy t dig mine out and check the label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main building is 4" front by 3 1/4" deep, the post office add on is 2 3/8" front by 2 5/8" deep...the front wall then would be 6 3/8" across....George

    ReplyDelete