Friday 9 September 2016

Muskoka Visit

Up in Muskoka country the ex-CN station at Gravenhurst, Ont. is in excellent condition and still in use by local business.
Back at the beginning of August my wife took a short road trip up to Muskoka. I had not visited many of the towns around the lake which was a fun run. Staying in Gravenhurst, Ont. I took a few early morning views of the restored station. No train chasing just taking in the scenic views of the area. On the way home we stopped in at Wasaga Beach and Collingwood. The CN Collingwood station is now a museum and in great shape...I did get a few views there also...no trains there anymore though...George Dutka

This year marks the 150th year for the Seguin. It is the oldest operating steam ship in Canada. The captain is a retired CN conductor I used to work with. There was a big gang boarding when I took this photo from our patio lunch table at a local waterfront spot in Gravenhurst, Ont. The other steam ship is a museum.

A nice looking motor car. Aug. 3, 2016.

The main entrance to the station which is trackside.

A street side view of Collingwood station.

A look down what was once trackside at the large Collingwood station.
At Collingwood some rail is left and a display of CN boxcars which I think are also used by the museum as storage.

2 comments: