|A new roof has been added plus a new overhang over the door. The old roof is seen in the foreground.|
This was a really quick update. I began working on the model during the pregame show (I am in the basement so had to watch the time for when the game started). Removing the roofing and adding a new styrene roof went quick. I added some trim under the eves to clean up the joint. I also built a overhang above the front door. The undersides of both roofing and the top of the door overhang was painted black. I then touched up the paint were needed, antique white with a touch of grime for the walls and tuscan red for the trim, windows and doors. This took the whole 30 minutes of the pre-game show. At the end of the first period I weathered the walls and small door overhang with Bragdon powders. The walls lime white followed by dust bowl brown. The bottom brown areas got a coating of dark rail brown. I always start with the area that gets the darkest weathering first, so the lower areas are competed first. The door overhang got some dark rust and soot. I then worked on the roofing. I used light gray stick on shingles by MinuteMan Scale Models. I got one side of the roof done when the second period started. At the next intermission I finished the shingling and attached the chimney. I gave the roof a light dusting of weathering. The third period had just started so away I went happy to have completed the update. Grand Total time of 50 minutes over three trips to the basement. Oh by the way the Knights won....George Dutka.
|My finished updated shanty is seen placed on my notes which becomes my memory when doing my posts or figuring what colours and weathering affects I once used. It's great to be getting old.|